‘The Shades of Cool’ has local roots
Mississinawa Valley’s Klingshirn to serve as Ohio Association of Elementary School Administrators president
Arcanum volleyball team beats Brookville in straight sets
Versailles girls cross country team wins the Tour de Sewer
Top fire personnel put on administrative leave
- ‘The Shades of Cool’ has local roots - 7:46 pm
- Mississinawa Valley’s Klingshirn to serve as Ohio Association of Elementary School Administrators president - 5:15 pm updated: 5:17 pm.
- Many women say Trump showed too much testosterone at debate - 5:01 pm
- Analysis: In debate, Clinton was prepared, Trump was Trump - 5:00 pm
- Police investigate ‘clown attack’ in Greenville - 3:58 pm
- Local woman spreads awareness of rare disease - 5:04 pm
- Klingshirn to advocate for principals throughout state - 5:00 pm
- Top fire personnel put on administrative leave - 4:32 pm updated: 4:33 pm.
- Teen Christian concert series - 11:33 am
- Just say no to Narcan? Heroin rescue efforts draw backlash - 3:33 pm
- Appeals court: Ohio elections chief wrongly purged voters - 3:26 pm
- Rural Arcanum neighbor pays tribute to young plane crash victim - 3:09 pm
- Airport hosts ‘Aviation Day’ - 3:07 pm
- Candle making at Prairie Days - 3:03 pm
- Family injured at overpass accident - 2:33 pm
- Tribute: Christman cared about people, Darke County - 4:31 am
- Report cards are in - 3:15 pm updated: 3:15 pm.
- Clays coming to Lighthouse - 4:05 pm
- Jury finds Peffly ‘Not Guilty’ - 3:17 pm
- Indiana man charged with child molesting - 2:48 pm
- Prosecution rests in Peffly rape case - 7:41 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
- Tri-Village community, school fair combining with Homecoming - 6:23 pm
- City hears utilities plan - 5:10 pm
- ODOT to study 127/Kruckeberg intersection - 2:21 pm
- Regional marching band competition set for Sept. 24 - 1:56 pm
- Online women’s conference simulcast offered - 1:41 pm
- Financial planning meeting Wednesday at M-V - 1:40 pm
- County unemployment rates steady - 10:15 pm updated: 10:15 pm.
- Child rape trial underway - 9:00 pm updated: 9:04 pm.
- 21 US states sue to block expansion of overtime pay law - 5:23 pm
- Robbins named New Madison festival’s grand marshal - 5:22 pm
- State receives over 524,000 absentee ballot applications - 2:17 pm
- Fake gun, real crime: Police notice uptick in replicas - 5:17 pm
- 2 sentenced in court for harassment, domestic voilence - 5:16 pm
- Childhood friends brought together - 5:13 pm
- Service club ready to give back - 5:11 pm
- Klosterman launches annual campaign with pink bread - 2:45 pm
- Utilities aggregation on Nov. ballot - 3:54 pm
- New school building nearing completion - 12:41 pm
- DeWine seeks Ohio Supreme Court seat - 12:36 pm
- Drivers use caution as farmers share roads - 1:45 am
- Unger’s journey through life won’t be forgotten - 1:03 am
- West Nile Virus confirmed in Ohio horse - 2:41 pm
- DAR promotes Constitution Week - 6:30 am
- Union City Chamber bringing dancing competition back - 9:24 pm
- Names released in fatal plane crash - 6:12 pm
- County projects under scrutiny - 5:39 pm updated: 5:39 pm.
- Golf Scramble to benefit Haiti Mission trip - 4:37 pm updated: 4:37 pm.
- ‘Ohio Open Doors’ highlights Darke County - 4:38 pm
- Travis Tritt in concert Sept. 24 at BMI Speedway - 4:29 pm updated: 8:28 pm.
Just say no to Narcan? Heroin rescue efforts draw backlash
CINCINNATI (AP) — First responders in U.S. communities reeling from waves of heroin overdoses say some people tell them they should just say no ...
Appeals court: Ohio elections chief wrongly purged voters
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio’s process for maintaining its voter rolls wrongfully removes eligible people, a federal appeals court ruled Friday a...
Airport hosts ‘Aviation Day’
DARKE COUNTY — Local flight enthusiasts received a rare, close-up look at the Darke County Airport as the airport hosted its first-ever “A...
Candle making at Prairie Days
Statia Jones, 9, (left) and Taylor Jones, 10, (right) both of Greenville, try their hand at candle making during the Darke County Parks District’...
Family injured at overpass accident
GREENVILLE — A family was treated for minor injuries after an accident Saturday near an overpass.On September 24 at approximately 8:35 p.m., Dar...
Darke County teams remain unranked in AP football poll
COLUMBUS – For a second consecutive week no Darke County football teams are ranked in the Associated Press’ state poll.Two weeks ago Versa...
Chris Ash’s inside knowledge not big concern for Ohio State
COLUMBUS – When Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer looks at film of what former OSU defensive coordinator Chris Ash is doing in his first sea...
Greenville cross country runners record personal bests at Widewater Invitational
LIBERTY CENTER – Three-quarters of Greenville’s cross country runners recorded personal bests or season bests on Saturday at the Widewater...
Mississinawa Valley volleyball swept by Minster
UNION CITY – The Mississinawa Valley volleyball team lost in three sets to Minster on Monday, 25-12, 28-26, 25-14.Kelsie Hunt led Mississinawa V...
Versailles girls golf team defeats Russia on senior night
VERSAILLES – Versailles beat Russia 180-233 in a girls golf match on Monday at Stillwater Valley Golf Club.Versailles’ Lauren Durham was t...
Greenville girls soccer team loses to Vandalia-Butler
VANDALIA – The Greenville girls soccer team lost 7-0 to Vandalia-Butler in a Greater Western Ohio Conference game on Saturday.Hayley Burns had 1...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Versailles FFA hosting Fall Harvest Market Saturday at school
VERSAILLES — On Saturday, Oct. 1 the Versailles FFA will be hosting a Harvest Fall Sale/Farmers Market.The market will include a variety of item...
Greenville Public Library to host program
GREENVILLE — The Greenville Public Library is happy to host A Forgotten Heritage: The German Methodist Church on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 6 p.m. Au...
Diaper Derby, Pumpkin Run on agenda
BRADFORD — The Pumpkin Diaper Derby and Pumpkin City Run events will take place at the north end area of the festival. (corner of Oakwood Street...
Extravaganza Parade set for Bradford Pumpkin Show
BRADFORD — The Bradford Pumpkin Show will again have an Extravaganza Parade at 4 p.m. Oct. 8.Fire trucks from area villages, antique cars, float...
Versailles Museum to host ‘Tiger Tales’
VERSAILLES — Ready for some football? How about an afternoon of questions and answers from some of the best local experts on the subject?“...
New Madison News: Celebration and school fair upcoming
The Tri-Village high school will have its first fall homecoming and will include a clash of classes at the football field on Thursday, Oct. 4, followe...
Arcanum News: Fall fun – lots of activities in our community
Trivia Pursuit with Todd Moore was so much fun last year that the Arcanum VFW Post is sponsoring the event again on Saturday, Oct. 8 at 7 p.m. They wi...
Preacher’s Point: Why has America changed?
Have you ever wondered why America has changed? As an example, going back to my parent’s generation divorce was rare, and sex outside of marriag...
Sweet & Sassy: All roads (with detours) lead to home
I know I wrote about it once this year, but when is all this road and bridge work going to stop? It seems like I can’t go anywhere in the county...
Prevention key in fighting addiction epidemic
It was Benjamin Franklin who said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Today in Ohio, we are spending an increasing amount ...
Versailles News: Retirement is an illusion
Almost the entire working population dreams of their retirement day. It’s what we do. We look to the future with anticipation. But I must admit ...
The Andersons names Lombardi as Chief Information Officer
MAUMEE, OHIO — The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANDE) has appointed Anthony Lombardi as its new Chief Information Officer, reporting to John Granato,...
Public invited to learn about upcoming vote for lower electricity rates
DARKE COUNTY — Residents living in several communities within the DPL electric utility area will have an opportunity to secure lower electricity...
Little Ones store opens in downtown Greenville
GREENVILLE — Tina Carroll’s dream came true Aug. 15, when she opened The Little Ones new and used children’s clothing and toys store...
Premier Senior Insurance holds grand opening
GREENVILLE — A new business officially opened its doors in Downtown Greenville as Premier Senior Insurance, LLC, held a grand-opening ceremony T...
Ohio awards certification to the New Bremen Police Department for adopting standards
COLUMBUS — The New Bremen Police Department has adopted and implemented state standards established by the Ohio Collaborative Community-Police A...