- F-M graduates 63 Jets - 9:46 pm
- Greenville honors sacrifices of vets - 3:19 pm
- Graduates say goodbye to Bradford High - 12:31 pm
- Deputies investigate road rage accident - 12:30 pm
- Ansonia features 9 students at the top of their class - 11:49 am
- Independent candidate joins Ohio’s US Senate race - 11:40 am
- Up in smoke: group ends Ohio medical marijuana ballot drive - 11:39 am
- Ohio bill sets rules for last-minute orders on voting hours - 11:37 am
- Legislation approves to ease access to public records - 11:33 am
- Dayton VA Mobile Clinic will offer Hearing Aid checks - 11:27 am
- Memorial Day honors the fallen - 4:33 am
- Graduates bid farewall at M-V - 5:35 pm updated: 11:56 am.
- Race underway for prosecutor’s seat - 3:21 am
- Special election upcoming to decide Boehner’s replacement - 1:44 am
- Darke County unemployment at 3.9% in April - 11:15 pm updated: 11:15 pm.
- Y kicks off annual support campaign - 4:11 pm
- Walmart greeter surprised on 90th birthday - 4:09 pm
- Ohio airport to be named in honor of astronaut John Glenn - 2:12 pm
- Ohio attorney general inadvertently reveals run for governor - 1:27 pm
- Access MD opens Greenville clinic - 1:04 pm
- Man ejected from motorcycle in crash - 11:06 am
- Late writer continues to make his mark - 10:09 am updated: 10:43 am.
- Legal medical marijuana on deck as Ohio lawmakers near break - 7:38 pm
- 34 students graduate from ACES - 4:37 pm
- Less wait time for some gun buyers - 4:36 pm
- Ohio lawmakers OK bill letting parents freeze child’s credit - 2:36 pm
- Annual Ohio Missing Children Clearinghouse Report released - 1:03 pm
- Ohio lawmakers near vote on speeding up lead-water alerts - 4:29 pm
- Young Forest Martial Arts relocating - 4:17 pm
- Trump’s campaign investment tops $43 million - 7:07 pm
- Spencer Landscaping celebrate move - 4:16 pm
- Three memory benches dedicated at Tri Village - 3:21 pm
- Ohio elections chief, voter prevail in Libertarian challenge - 3:12 pm
- Candidate forum set for Ohioans seeking to fill Boehner seat - 3:07 pm
- 3 Ohioans considered VP possibilities this year - 5:13 pm
- JAFE Decorating named Darke County’s Business of the Year - 5:04 pm
- Ohio lawmakers vote to scrap cap on alcohol content for beer - 2:56 pm
- Armed Forces Day walk/run has good turnout Saturday - 2:55 pm
- This year’s valedictorians, salutatorians - 2:48 pm
- Berning to serve as an OSU Extension ACRE Intern - 10:19 am
- Keen’s Body Shop honored - 8:51 am
- Selling eggs and meat from your farm or home - 10:32 am
- YMCA to offer Safety around Water program for kids - 9:48 am
- Data show Ohio voters switched parties in primary contest - 9:07 pm
- Arcanum students spreading kindness - 4:56 pm
- McCans retires from U.D. Arena after 48 years of service - 4:31 pm
- Indictments handed down in felony cases - 4:30 pm
- Darke County Sheriff warns of scam alert - 4:29 pm
- Entries being accepted for the Karlh McCallister Golf Outing - 1:15 pm
- Summer coed softball league forming - 12:03 pm
Legislation approves to ease access to public records
COLUMBUS - Senate President Keith Faber (R-Celina) announced final Senate approval of legislation designed to make it easier for Ohioans to navigate t...
Dayton VA Mobile Clinic will offer Hearing Aid checks
GREENVILLE — The Dayton VA Mobile Clinic will be in the parking lot outside the Darke County Veterans Office, 611 Wagner Ave., Greenville, from ...
Memorial Day honors the fallen
DARKE COUNTY — Flags are flying, graves have been decorated and cemeteries will be filling up with people who will be honoring their loved ones ...
Graduates bid farewall at M-V
UNION CITY, Ohio — Tassels turned and tears fell as the Class of 2016 bid farewell to Mississinawa Valley Local School Friday evening during the...
Race underway for prosecutor’s seat
GREENVILLE — Darke County voters will have a choice between two familiar faces in the race for the county prosecutor position this November, whe...
Special election upcoming to decide Boehner’s replacement
DARKE COUNTY — Voters in the 8th Congressional District will soon select a candidate to fill the unexpired term of former Representative and Spe...
Gibboney, Kreusch named athletes of the week
DARKE COUNTY – A pair of Arcanum track and field athletes who are having career years as seniors are The Daily Advocate’s athletes of the ...
3 Arcanum athletes, 1 Franklin Monroe athlete qualify for OHSAA state track and field meet
TROY – Three Arcanum athletes and one Franklin Monroe athlete qualified for the Ohio High School Athletic Association Division III state track a...
Greenville’s AJ Frens, Lexi Addington qualify for OHSAA state meet in pole vault
DAYTON – A pair of Greenville pole vaulters qualified for the Ohio High School Athletic Association state meet by finishing fourth in the Divisi...
Versailles baseball team defeats Anna to advance to the OHSAA state final 4
XENIA – The Versailles baseball team overcame a four-run deficit to defeat Anna 6-5 on Friday and earn a spot in the state final four for the fi...
Greenville softball team finds redemption in regional tournament win vs. Granville
MASON – Greenville got the redemption it was seeking on Friday as the Lady Wave run ruled defending state champion Granville 11-0 in five inning...
Darke County’s spring sports statistical leaders
BaseballBatting averageTyler Jenkinson, MV: .492Zach Hyre, FM: .456Conner Pohl, Arcanum: .447Keaton McEldowney, Versailles: .416Devan Rinderle, MV: .4...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
‘War Room,’ Bible study coming
VERSAILLES — Tony and Elizabeth Jordan have it all—great jobs, a beautiful daughter, and their dream house. But appearances can be deceivi...
Services set to honor loved ones
DARKE COUNTY - The following are the Memorial Day services planned in the county this holiday:Sunday, May 29Memorial Day services at Teegarden Congreg...
Greenville Transit System driver receives award
GREENVILLE - Raymond (Buzz) Lines was presented the Katherine McClary Safe Driver award for the first quarter in 2016. In order to be eligible for thi...
Greenville Creek Christian Church to hold Ice Cream social
BRADFORD — The public is invited to a homemade ice cream social from 5 to 7 p.m. June 2 at Greenville Creek Christian Church, 5110 Buckneck Road...
Darke County Genealogical Society Inc. to hold annual picnic
GREENVILLE — Darke County Genealogical Society Inc. is holding the annual picnic on June 2 at 5:30 p.m in Greenville City Park. This will be at ...
A time to remember the sacrifice of our fallen soldiers
Memorial Day is about so much more than summer barbeques and bright, candy-filled parades. It is a time to honor the service and sacrifice of our brav...
A day to remember our fallen heroes
Since the beginning of the Iraq War in 2003, 275 Ohio soldiers have lost their lives in action. 275 stories of bravery and determination came to an ab...
Today’s Challenges: The daring adventure
Many years ago, Helen Keller wrote these words, “Life is either a daring adventure, or it is nothing.” I have been so blessed to have been...
Preacher’s Point: Spirit, soul, and body
Body, soul, and spirit; or is it spirit, soul and body? Does it make a difference?Whenever in conversation and the subject comes up I have always hear...
Sweet & Sassy: Lyrics make a lot of sense
Has anyone heard Tim McGraw’s song, “Humble and Kind?” It’s beautiful. It couldn’t come at a better time, with the way t...
DCCA News: A good thing
When “Arts Day,” presented by the Ohio Arts Council and the Ohio Citizens for the Arts Foundation, recently celebrated artistic excellence...
Keen’s Body Shop honored
UNION CITY, Ohio — The Union City Indiana-Ohio Chamber of Commerce announces The Business of The Month for May.It’s Keen’s Body Shop...
Downtown Greenville open late Fridays in June
GREENVILLE — Several downtown businesses are hoping to draw more visitors downtown to kickoff their weekends by taking advantage of the fine Jun...
The Andersons, Inc. announces cash dividend for the third quarter
MAUMEE, Ohio – The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANDE) today announced a third quarter 2016 cash dividend of 15.5 cents ($0.155) per share payable Ju...
Chillz opens in downtown Greenville
GREENVILLE — Just in time for warmer temps, Chillz Frozen Yogurt, 333 South Broadway, has opened its doors for business.Greenville’s newes...
New shops, upper floors open for First Friday
GREENVILLE - Downtown Greenville was a flurry of activity for the May First Friday event, with two new shops opening for business and a self-guided to...
KitchenAid cuts ribbon on factory expansion
GREENVILLE - Whirlpool Corp. celebrated the expansion of the Greenville KitchenAid manufacturing facility with a ribbon-cutting for the new area on Th...