Greenville football team concludes summer camp with 7-on-7 scrimmage at Celina
Ansonia, Arcanum and Tri-Village football teams see progress in final 7-on-7 scrimmage
City hit with 2 robberies
Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention
Greenville mayor to take on county economic development
- GOP will name Mayor Bowers’ replacement - 4:59 pm
- Greenville school board accepts Bemus resignation - 4:29 pm
- Legislature aware part of Ohio pot law legally questionable - 3:50 pm
- Clinton prepares to accept Democrat nomination - 6:29 am
- City hit with 2 robberies - 12:10 pm updated: 12:24 pm.
- Trump galvanizes party faithful at convention - 11:00 am
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Greenville mayor to take on county economic development - 5:56 pm
- Marshall leaving county position - 5:29 pm
- Spectacle outside the RNC - 5:27 pm
- Upper Valley Career Center School of Nursing celebrates success - 3:54 pm
- Versailles Band Director elected to membership in the ASBDA - 3:54 pm
- Council tackles heavy agenda - 6:20 pm
- Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 5:24 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- Trump’s VP pick takes the stage; Cruz to ‘suggest’ support - 4:31 pm
- Vectren to deploy automated meter reading - 2:53 pm
- Local student to compete at world’s largest rodeo - 2:25 pm
- Trump triumphs as GOP nominee, completing stunning climb - 8:29 pm
- County receives $149K in casino money - 8:23 pm
- Tuesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:48 pm updated: 6:53 pm.
- Party Disunity: Trump team says Kasich ‘embarrassing’ GOP - 5:18 pm
- New York to host 1st presidential debate after Ohio bows out - 2:47 pm
- Man hits a tree head-on in morning accident - 11:51 am
- Public questions county tax plan - 7:19 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Lentz to become Agriculture Program Director at Edison State - 4:35 pm
- Redditt gets probation for trafficking - 4:31 pm
- Arcanum-Butler Local School District meeting – July 14 - 4:19 pm updated: 8:55 pm.
- ReviveOHIO coming to Darke County - 2:40 pm
- Y named ‘Best Daycare Center’ - 1:47 pm
- Family Health moves Behavioral Health and Wellness Department - 1:47 pm
- Grand Jury Activity Report - 1:46 pm
- Business opens at -260°F - 11:19 am
- Local Co. coloring light bulbs to honor America’s vets - 11:30 pm updated: 11:30 pm.
- Arcanum school to add resource officer - 11:59 am
- Block party scheduled - 5:06 am
- Vocal trio to sing at First Assembly - 4:58 am
- McGee new pastor at St. John Lutheran - 1:26 am
- Neff Health Fair deemed a success - 11:20 am
- Versailles couple wins nationwide contest from prom wear - 4:45 am
- The stage is set - 3:56 am
- Classmates gather - 4:51 pm
- Ohio casinos have generated $1B in tax revenue, agency says - 4:06 pm
- Ohio releases sexual assault survey of college students - 3:58 pm
- Open carry law will be upheld during Republican convention - 3:56 pm
- GOP leaders, conservatives at convention in talks over rules - 3:51 pm
- Man arrested in officer assault - 3:33 pm
- Six contestants vying for Miss Annie Oakley at festival - 3:17 pm
- Preble Co. fairgrounds receive $875K in renovations - 5:20 pm
- City Treasurer Fee to retire July 29 - 5:07 pm
Spectacle outside the RNC
CLEVELAND — Spectacle trumped substance Wednesday outside the Republican National Convention as reporters and police often seemed to outnumber d...
Upper Valley Career Center School of Nursing celebrates success
PIQUA — Fifteen students from the Upper Valley Career Center Adult Division Practical Nursing program turned the dream of graduating from nursin...
Versailles Band Director elected to membership in the ASBDA
VERSAILLES - Ronda Stammen, band director at Versailles Exempted Village School, was recently elected to membership at the American School Band Direct...
Council tackles heavy agenda
GREENVILLE — The Greenville City Council approved a substantial amount of legislation during its meeting Thursday night.Many of the items on the...
Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention
Find out what delegates had to say about taxes jobs, as well as how a bottle represented the country’s economic future on our RNC page.Click her...
Trump’s VP pick takes the stage; Cruz to ‘suggest’ support
CLEVELAND — Straining to shore up Republican unity, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence will vouch for Donald Trump’s conservative values Wednesday ni...
Kyle Larson wins Dirt Derby NASCAR truck race at Eldora Speedway
ROSSBURG – Kyle Larson overcame a flat tire and a penalty that put him down a lap to win the fourth annual Aspen Dental Dirt Derby NASCAR Campin...
Light Foundation campers leave their mark in Darke County
DARKE COUNTY – When Matt Light brings boys into Darke County from across the United States for the Light Foundation’s leadership camp, he ...
Eldora Speedway sets Guinness World Record for the largest game of heads or tails
ROSSBURG – It’s already home to NASCAR’s only dirt track race, but Tony Stewart and the Eldora Speedway officials still are finding ...
Drivers practice for NASCAR Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway
ROSSBURG – Eldora Speedway kicked off its NASCAR Truck Series festivities on Tuesday.Along with the trucks, Eldora had modified car hot laps, he...
More than 40 boys attend Versailles’ Future Tiger Football Camp
VERSAILLES – More than 40 boys in the fourth through sixth grades attended Versailles’ Future Tiger Football Camp.The camp, which was led ...
Arcanum football team seeks to correct mistakes following scrimmage at Fort Loramie
FORT LORAMIE – Arcanum football coach TJ Powers was upset with his team’s mental mistakes in a seven-on-seven scrimmage Tuesday but is con...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Chelsea Whirledge to be featured with the Greenville Municipal Jazz Band
GREENVILLE - The Greenville Municipal Jazz Band will continue the Summer Concerts in the Park this Sunday, July 24 at 7 p.m. at the Marling Band Shell...
Local artists wanted for First Friday event
GREENVILLE — Artisan Stroll is the theme for Main Street Greenville’s First Friday event held in August. The event has everything to do wi...
Red Cross offers safety tips for the extreme heat dome covering the area
DARKE COUNTY — Heat-related incidents and illness are preventable, yet annually many people succumb to extreme heat. Extreme heat, in fact, kill...
Vectren to deploy automated meter reading
DAYTON — Starting this month, Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio (Vectren) will launch a 15-month plan to install Automated Meter Reading (AMR) dev...
Talent show contest near
GREENVILLE — There is a lot of talent in Darke County, and that talent will be welcomed at the at the 2016 Annie Oakley Festival.“If you l...
Sweet & Sassy: Patriarch will be missed by many
As I write this column [late evening Wednesday, July 20], I tearfully announce that my father, Lee Junior Moody, passed away four hours ago. He is the...
Suffering has its rewards
Recently I visited a wonderful woman in the Versailles Health Care Center. In the course of our conversation she told me she and a good friend like to...
Where the Election stands
The next few weeks in politics are a little like the All-Star break in baseball. With the Republican and Democratic national conventions upon us, it...
Help is on the way in fight against addiction
About once a month, I have a teletownhall—a big conference call with tens of thousands of people from across our state to take their questions a...
Gardener’s Whole Nine Yards
The Darke County Association of Garden Clubs was formed in 1952 where flower shows began in the current Fine Arts building with one show being held on...
True patriots won’t touch him
Editor:We must ask ourselves, what sort of creature is Donald Trump really? Seldom if ever was a presidential candidate so plainly out of sync with th...
Business opens at -260°F
DAYTON — Sidney native Mark Miller, of Versailles, says he’s a tropical kind of guy. That’s why he hasn’t yet visited the home...
Neff Health Fair deemed a success
GREENVILLE — Neff Motivation, Inc. held its 13th annual Health Fair at Paw’s Bingo in Greenville. This year’s theme was “Looki...
Shop named Business of Month
UNION CITY, Ohio — Union City Indiana-Ohio Chamber of Commerce has announced the Business of the Month for July is The Little Shop of Many Thing...
Hanes named Edison VP
PIQUA — Edison State Community College has named Rick Hanes as vice president of business and community partnerships.In her announcement to the ...
New report shows competitive Ohio Insurance Marketplace
COLUMBUS – A new report illustrates a competitive Ohio property and casualty insurance marketplace that is benefiting consumers with lower than ...