- ‘Mysteries at the Museum’ films at Garst Museum - 6:06 pm
- Jack Willey memorial scholarship awarded - 4:58 pm
- Picture show picture wins top prize - 2:09 pm
- GOP’s Portman releases 1st TV ads in US Senate race in Ohio - 2:07 pm
- Versailles seniors celebrate finish - 10:31 pm
- F-M graduates 63 Jets - 9:46 pm
- Greenville honors sacrifices of vets - 3:19 pm
- Graduates say goodbye to Bradford High - 12:31 pm
- Deputies investigate road rage accident - 12:30 pm
- Ansonia features 9 students at the top of their class - 11:49 am
- Independent candidate joins Ohio’s US Senate race - 11:40 am
- Up in smoke: group ends Ohio medical marijuana ballot drive - 11:39 am
- Ohio bill sets rules for last-minute orders on voting hours - 11:37 am
- Legislation approves to ease access to public records - 11:33 am
- Dayton VA Mobile Clinic will offer Hearing Aid checks - 11:27 am
- Memorial Day honors the fallen - 4:33 am
- Graduates bid farewall at M-V - 5:35 pm updated: 11:56 am.
- Race underway for prosecutor’s seat - 3:21 am
- Special election upcoming to decide Boehner’s replacement - 1:44 am
- Darke County unemployment at 3.9% in April - 11:15 pm updated: 11:15 pm.
- Y kicks off annual support campaign - 4:11 pm
- Walmart greeter surprised on 90th birthday - 4:09 pm
- Ohio airport to be named in honor of astronaut John Glenn - 2:12 pm
- Ohio attorney general inadvertently reveals run for governor - 1:27 pm
- Access MD opens Greenville clinic - 1:04 pm
- Man ejected from motorcycle in crash - 11:06 am
- Late writer continues to make his mark - 10:09 am updated: 10:43 am.
- Legal medical marijuana on deck as Ohio lawmakers near break - 7:38 pm
- 34 students graduate from ACES - 4:37 pm
- Less wait time for some gun buyers - 4:36 pm
- Ohio lawmakers OK bill letting parents freeze child’s credit - 2:36 pm
- Annual Ohio Missing Children Clearinghouse Report released - 1:03 pm
- Ohio lawmakers near vote on speeding up lead-water alerts - 4:29 pm
- Young Forest Martial Arts relocating - 4:17 pm
- Trump’s campaign investment tops $43 million - 7:07 pm
- Spencer Landscaping celebrate move - 4:16 pm
- Three memory benches dedicated at Tri Village - 3:21 pm
- Ohio elections chief, voter prevail in Libertarian challenge - 3:12 pm
- Candidate forum set for Ohioans seeking to fill Boehner seat - 3:07 pm
- 3 Ohioans considered VP possibilities this year - 5:13 pm
- JAFE Decorating named Darke County’s Business of the Year - 5:04 pm
- Ohio lawmakers vote to scrap cap on alcohol content for beer - 2:56 pm
- Armed Forces Day walk/run has good turnout Saturday - 2:55 pm
- This year’s valedictorians, salutatorians - 2:48 pm
- Berning to serve as an OSU Extension ACRE Intern - 10:19 am
- Keen’s Body Shop honored - 8:51 am
- Selling eggs and meat from your farm or home - 10:32 am
- YMCA to offer Safety around Water program for kids - 9:48 am
- Data show Ohio voters switched parties in primary contest - 9:07 pm
- Arcanum students spreading kindness - 4:56 pm
Deputies investigate road rage accident
GREENVILLE - The Darke County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a case of road rage on Sunday that sent a couple to the hospital after being eje...
Ansonia features 9 students at the top of their class
ANSONIA — Sixty-one students were spotlighted when they were awarded their diplomas in Ansonia High School’s 129th annual commencement ser...
Independent candidate joins Ohio’s US Senate race
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - An independent candidate is challenging Republican incumbent Rob Portman and Democrat Ted Strickland in Ohio’s U.S. Senate...
Up in smoke: group ends Ohio medical marijuana ballot drive
CINCINNATI - A group Saturday ended its effort to put a medical marijuana issue on Ohio’s general election ballot.The Ohioans for Medical Mariju...
Ohio bill sets rules for last-minute orders on voting hours
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill headed to Ohio’s governor could make it harder for people to get a court order to keep polling places open late on Elect...
Legislation approves to ease access to public records
COLUMBUS - Senate President Keith Faber (R-Celina) announced final Senate approval of legislation designed to make it easier for Ohioans to navigate t...
3 Versailles Lady Tiger relays qualify for OHSAA state track meet
DAYTON – Three Lady Tiger relays qualified for state as the Versailles girls track and field team competed in the Division II regional meet at W...
Greenville softball team falls 1 win short of state final 4, loses 4-0- to Hamilton Ross
MASON – The emotional high of Friday evening came crashing down on Saturday afternoon as Greenville lost 4-0 to Hamilton Ross in the regional fi...
Gibboney, Kreusch named athletes of the week
DARKE COUNTY – A pair of Arcanum track and field athletes who are having career years as seniors are The Daily Advocate’s athletes of the ...
3 Arcanum athletes, 1 Franklin Monroe athlete qualify for OHSAA state track and field meet
TROY – Three Arcanum athletes and one Franklin Monroe athlete qualified for the Ohio High School Athletic Association Division III state track a...
Greenville’s AJ Frens, Lexi Addington qualify for OHSAA state meet in pole vault
DAYTON – A pair of Greenville pole vaulters qualified for the Ohio High School Athletic Association state meet by finishing fourth in the Divisi...
Versailles baseball team defeats Anna to advance to the OHSAA state final 4
XENIA – The Versailles baseball team overcame a four-run deficit to defeat Anna 6-5 on Friday and earn a spot in the state final four for the fi...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Ansonia garage sales planned
ANSONIA — The Ansonia Community Garage Sales will be June 9-11 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.To have a sale listed on the map, a $3 fee is required. The ...
‘War Room,’ Bible study coming
VERSAILLES — Tony and Elizabeth Jordan have it all—great jobs, a beautiful daughter, and their dream house. But appearances can be deceivi...
Services set to honor loved ones
DARKE COUNTY - The following are the Memorial Day services planned in the county this holiday:Sunday, May 29Memorial Day services at Teegarden Congreg...
Greenville Transit System driver receives award
GREENVILLE - Raymond (Buzz) Lines was presented the Katherine McClary Safe Driver award for the first quarter in 2016. In order to be eligible for thi...
Greenville Creek Christian Church to hold Ice Cream social
BRADFORD — The public is invited to a homemade ice cream social from 5 to 7 p.m. June 2 at Greenville Creek Christian Church, 5110 Buckneck Road...
Arcanum News: Happy Memorial Day!
Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day and was initiated to honor the soldiers for the Union and Confederate armies who died during the Ame...
Seven, eight … nine brothers in World War II
Back during Memorial Day 2014, I wrote a piece on five brothers who served in World War II. I was blown-away impressed by the Bailey boys, from my nec...
A time to remember the sacrifice of our fallen soldiers
Memorial Day is about so much more than summer barbeques and bright, candy-filled parades. It is a time to honor the service and sacrifice of our brav...
A day to remember our fallen heroes
Since the beginning of the Iraq War in 2003, 275 Ohio soldiers have lost their lives in action. 275 stories of bravery and determination came to an ab...
Today’s Challenges: The daring adventure
Many years ago, Helen Keller wrote these words, “Life is either a daring adventure, or it is nothing.” I have been so blessed to have been...
Preacher’s Point: Spirit, soul, and body
Body, soul, and spirit; or is it spirit, soul and body? Does it make a difference?Whenever in conversation and the subject comes up I have always hear...
Keen’s Body Shop honored
UNION CITY, Ohio — The Union City Indiana-Ohio Chamber of Commerce announces The Business of The Month for May.It’s Keen’s Body Shop...
Downtown Greenville open late Fridays in June
GREENVILLE — Several downtown businesses are hoping to draw more visitors downtown to kickoff their weekends by taking advantage of the fine Jun...
The Andersons, Inc. announces cash dividend for the third quarter
MAUMEE, Ohio – The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANDE) today announced a third quarter 2016 cash dividend of 15.5 cents ($0.155) per share payable Ju...
Chillz opens in downtown Greenville
GREENVILLE — Just in time for warmer temps, Chillz Frozen Yogurt, 333 South Broadway, has opened its doors for business.Greenville’s newes...
New shops, upper floors open for First Friday
GREENVILLE - Downtown Greenville was a flurry of activity for the May First Friday event, with two new shops opening for business and a self-guided to...
KitchenAid cuts ribbon on factory expansion
GREENVILLE - Whirlpool Corp. celebrated the expansion of the Greenville KitchenAid manufacturing facility with a ribbon-cutting for the new area on Th...