Versailles football team defeats Celina
Back to school just around the corner
A free ride
Young man realizes dream at Darke County Fair
Bradford football looks to continue momentum
- Attorney General warns of storm-chaser scams following severe weather - 6:33 pm
- Steel Expressions is coming to St. Paul Lutheran Church - 11:59 am
- Time to Revive party set in Greenville park - 9:58 am
- Back to school just around the corner - 6:16 am
- Accidental overdoses killed 8 people a day in Ohio last year - 4:23 am
- Stormy weather prompts fair board to look at safety plan - 5:58 pm
- Ohio aims to curb overdose deaths through varied strategies - 4:46 pm
- A free ride - 4:27 pm
- Young man realizes dream at Darke County Fair - 4:12 pm
- County approves permissive tax - 4:02 pm
- Large amounts of Meth found during traffic stop - 4:01 pm
- Independent presidential candidates qualify for ballot - 3:16 pm
- iBook promotes Ohio’s role in presidential elections - 3:09 pm
- Appeals court: Week of early voting shouldn’t return to Ohio - 6:53 pm
- Whirlpool breaks ground on expansion - 6:38 pm
- Little Mister and Little Miss winners announced - 5:15 pm
- Dog Committee continues to raise funds for new barn - 8:24 pm
- Chicago plays for a sold-out crowd - 8:15 pm
- Thomas this year’s oldest Great Darke County Fair-goer - 7:50 pm
- EF0 tornado confirmed in county - 7:46 pm
- Pair sentenced to prison for theft from legendary golfer - 6:42 pm
- Bovine Tuberculosis detected in Indiana - 6:37 pm
- Grand Jury activity report - 6:14 pm
- WSU-Lake Campus receives $75,000 - 5:11 pm
- Farm destroyed by tornado - 6:14 pm
- School board tours K-8 building - 1:46 pm
- Ohio Turnpike may see self-driving testing - 12:21 pm
- Silent auction to benefit theater - 10:51 am
- 2 airlifted after rollover accident - 10:42 am
- Veterans honored at fair opening - 9:25 am
- Arcanum-Butler Schools announce opening information - 4:08 pm
- Davis travels rodeo circuit in search of scholarship - 1:18 am
- Union City businessman worked well with others in his employ - 8:50 pm
- Suspects arrested for fairground thefts - 5:29 pm
- Lamb scholarship to be awarded - 5:22 pm
- 160th Darke County Fair opens - 11:38 am
- Swine Flu at fair a concern? - 10:02 am
- M-V opening doors Aug. 30 - 9:42 am
- Covington council considering medical pot moratorium - 10:00 pm updated: 10:00 pm.
- Rabbit entries up at Great Darke County Fair - 8:58 pm
- Over 200 endangered salamanders to be released in Ohio - 8:10 pm
- Chicken Kitchen closes its doors - 5:05 pm
- Church hosting a used shoe drive - 3:43 pm
- New Dollar Tree officially opens in Greenville - 1:09 pm
- County and city officials urge fairgoers to be safe this year - 1:02 pm updated: 2:49 pm.
- Church plans ‘Biker Sunday’ - 12:43 pm
- K9s help clean up drug problems in Union City, Ohio/Indiana - 7:01 pm
- City council commends Bowers - 7:00 pm
- Attorney General warns of scams targeting students - 5:03 pm
- Greenville firefighters sworn in - 2:25 pm
County approves permissive tax
DARKE COUNTY — At its Wednesday regular session, the Darke County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a much-debated permissive tax.The ...
Large amounts of Meth found during traffic stop
GREENVILLE — A New Weston mother was arrested Wednesday morning during a traffic stop for possession of large amounts of methamphetamines.On Aug...
Independent presidential candidates qualify for ballot
COLUMBUS — Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted announced the qualifying independent candidates for President and Vice President of the United Sta...
iBook promotes Ohio’s role in presidential elections
COLUMBUS – Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted announced the launch of an all-new Apple iBook that features the Buckeye State’s ongoing rol...
Appeals court: Week of early voting shouldn’t return to Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A federal appeals court on Tuesday upheld an Ohio law that trims a week of early voting in the swing state, reversing a judge...
Mississinawa Valley hopes for a turnaround under new coach Mike Griffin
UNION CITY – The Mississinawa Valley Blackhawks football team is coming off a 0-10 season last year with optimism that they can turn things arou...
Bradford football looks to continue momentum
BRADFORD — When the seniors on the Bradford High School football team went through an 0-10 season as freshmen, the future looked bleak for the R...
Ansonia football team revamps its defense
ANSONIA – For a second consecutive season the Ansonia football team is changing up its defensive philosophy.After employing a 4-3 defense last s...
Arcanum football team looks to get over the hump
ARCANUM – The 2016 edition of the Arcanum Trojans football team has a major goal in mind after three straight 5-5 seasons.Under the direction of...
Tri-Village readies for varsity football
NEW MADISON – The Tri-Village Patriots are taking the next step in building their football program.A program started last year that went 6-2 pla...
Inexperienced Versailles football team faces tough schedule
VERSAILLES – On the schedule for the 2016 Versailles football team are four programs that have won Ohio High School Athletic Association state c...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Center receives $35K donation
BURKETTSVILLE — The Courage to Live Foundation recently presented a check in the amount of $35,000 to the Center For Neurological Development in...
DeWine offers charitable giving tips following Louisiana flooding
COLUMBUS — Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine offered advice to help Ohioans make wise charitable contributions and avoid scams following the dev...
ANSONIA — Randy and Bonnie Vorhees of Celina announce the engagement of their daughter, Taylor Nicole Vorhees, to Cory Alan Meadows son of Drew ...
Back to School Coloring Contest winners
The Back to School Coloring Contest Winners visited the office of The Daily Advocate Thursday to collect their rewards. From left, second-place winner...
GREENVILLE — Mr. and Mrs. Richard Brown of Greenville announce the approaching marriage of their daughter, Betsy Renay Brown, to Kraig Ward Reib...
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year. Our administration and staff are eager to begin another year with the students, parents, grandparents, and commu...
Garden tour slated Saturday
The Preservation Society of Union City Indiana-Ohio will host its annual Garden Tour on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. The rain date will be Sunda...
A salute to our local public safety workers
America, it seems, has become more divided over the past few years than at any other point in recent memory. Unfortunately, in that process, distrust ...
A Grandparent’s Voice: United in one diversity
United in one diversity we are even stronger. - Thomas Bach, IOC presidentLast night I watched the closing of the 2016 Olympic Games. It was one of ma...
Back Around the House II: Funerals for fair fish
The Great Darke County Fair is over, but the goldfish may go on for a while.On Tuesday of Fair Week our 4-year-old granddaughter Laura came into the h...
Virtue & Mischief: Of antiseptic soap, oxygen machines, Part 1
My sister, Susie, was born in 1954 with a heart defect. I’m certain there is a medical term for it, and that the term is splashed across her rat...
Vectren to deploy automated meter reading
DAYTON — Starting this month, Vectren Energy Delivery of Ohio (Vectren) will launch a 15-month plan to install Automated Meter Reading (AMR) dev...
Y named ‘Best Daycare Center’
GREENVILLE — The YMCA of Darke County would like to thank The Daily Advocate and the readers of Darke County for voting the Y “Best Daycar...
Family Health moves Behavioral Health and Wellness Department
GREENVILLE — Family Health is temporarily relocating its Behavioral Health and Wellness Department.“Due to its remarkable growth in servic...
Business opens at -260°F
DAYTON — Sidney native Mark Miller, of Versailles, says he’s a tropical kind of guy. That’s why he hasn’t yet visited the home...
Local Co. coloring light bulbs to honor America’s vets
GREENVILLE — Coloring, packaging and shipping 4 million light bulbs in less than five months’ time is a huge undertaking, but it’s a...