Fornshil, Steen sentenced
Light Foundation presents scholarships to Darke County students
Greenville football team concludes summer camp with 7-on-7 scrimmage at Celina
Ansonia, Arcanum and Tri-Village football teams see progress in final 7-on-7 scrimmage
City hit with 2 robberies
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- Clinton seeks help from Ohio elected women to boost campaign - 4:54 pm
- Fornshil, Steen sentenced - 4:50 pm
- Light Foundation presents scholarships to Darke County students - 3:48 pm
- Headstart now accepting students - 3:29 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation awards 16 college scholarships - 2:23 pm
- County gets $500K for MARCS tower - 2:18 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- GOP will name Mayor Bowers’ replacement - 4:59 pm
- Greenville school board accepts Bemus resignation - 4:29 pm
- Legislature aware part of Ohio pot law legally questionable - 3:50 pm
- Clinton prepares to accept Democrat nomination - 6:29 am
- City hit with 2 robberies - 12:10 pm updated: 12:24 pm.
- Trump galvanizes party faithful at convention - 11:00 am
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Greenville mayor to take on county economic development - 5:56 pm
- Marshall leaving county position - 5:29 pm
- Spectacle outside the RNC - 5:27 pm
- Upper Valley Career Center School of Nursing celebrates success - 3:54 pm
- Versailles Band Director elected to membership in the ASBDA - 3:54 pm
- Council tackles heavy agenda - 6:20 pm
- Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 5:24 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- Trump’s VP pick takes the stage; Cruz to ‘suggest’ support - 4:31 pm
- Vectren to deploy automated meter reading - 2:53 pm
- Local student to compete at world’s largest rodeo - 2:25 pm
- Trump triumphs as GOP nominee, completing stunning climb - 8:29 pm
- County receives $149K in casino money - 8:23 pm
- Tuesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:48 pm updated: 6:53 pm.
- Party Disunity: Trump team says Kasich ‘embarrassing’ GOP - 5:18 pm
- New York to host 1st presidential debate after Ohio bows out - 2:47 pm
- Man hits a tree head-on in morning accident - 11:51 am
- Public questions county tax plan - 7:19 pm
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:47 pm
- Lentz to become Agriculture Program Director at Edison State - 4:35 pm
- Redditt gets probation for trafficking - 4:31 pm
- Arcanum-Butler Local School District meeting – July 14 - 4:19 pm updated: 8:55 pm.
- ReviveOHIO coming to Darke County - 2:40 pm
- Y named ‘Best Daycare Center’ - 1:47 pm
- Family Health moves Behavioral Health and Wellness Department - 1:47 pm
- Grand Jury Activity Report - 1:46 pm
- Business opens at -260°F - 11:19 am
- Local Co. coloring light bulbs to honor America’s vets - 11:30 pm updated: 11:30 pm.
- Arcanum school to add resource officer - 11:59 am
- Block party scheduled - 5:06 am
- Vocal trio to sing at First Assembly - 4:58 am
County gets $500K for MARCS tower
DARKE COUNTY — The Darke County Board of Commissioners received welcome news, learning that it will receive a $500,000 grant from the state to b...
DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention
PHILADELPHIA — By the numbers from the Democratic National Convention:• U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, D-NJ, told the Pennsylvania Delegation Mond...
Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday
PHILADELPHIA — Democrat Katie McGinty scored a prime speaking spot — she will address the Democratic National Convention on Thursday eveni...
Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15
PHILADELPHIA — The 2016 Democratic National Convention was barely underway when the Pennsylvania Delegation heard a major announcement.Hillary C...
GOP will name Mayor Bowers’ replacement
GREENVILLE — With the news that Greenville Mayor Mike Bowers is moving on to take a position with the Community Improvement Corporation of Darke...
Greenville school board accepts Bemus resignation
GREENVILLE — The Greenville City School District is saying “Goodbye” to its assistant superintendent.Laura Bemus, who has been in th...
Ansonia, Arcanum and Tri-Village football teams see progress in final 7-on-7 scrimmage
ARCANUM – Ansonia, Arcanum and Tri-Village all saw progress from their football teams as they wrapped up the seven-on-seven portion of the prese...
Crews take extra precautions for NASCAR truck race at Eldora Speedway
ROSSBURG – Matt Crafton, the No. 88 Menard’s driver, took a little bit longer to get his truck ready for the switch from asphalt to dirt f...
Kyle Larson wins Dirt Derby NASCAR truck race at Eldora Speedway
ROSSBURG – Kyle Larson overcame a flat tire and a penalty that put him down a lap to win the fourth annual Aspen Dental Dirt Derby NASCAR Campin...
Light Foundation campers leave their mark in Darke County
DARKE COUNTY – When Matt Light brings boys into Darke County from across the United States for the Light Foundation’s leadership camp, he ...
Eldora Speedway sets Guinness World Record for the largest game of heads or tails
ROSSBURG – It’s already home to NASCAR’s only dirt track race, but Tony Stewart and the Eldora Speedway officials still are finding ...
Drivers practice for NASCAR Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway
ROSSBURG – Eldora Speedway kicked off its NASCAR Truck Series festivities on Tuesday.Along with the trucks, Eldora had modified car hot laps, he...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Cookout set for first responders
GREENVILLE — Person Centered Services (PCS), formerly Wayne Industries, will be saluting first responders with a cook-out lunch at noon on July ...
Dr. Studebaker to speak at PERI luncheon
GREENVILLE - Dr. John P. Studebaker, M.S., M.D. and Certified Holistic Specialist, will be the guest speaker at the Public Employee Retirees (PERI) lu...
Chelsea Whirledge to be featured with the Greenville Municipal Jazz Band
GREENVILLE - The Greenville Municipal Jazz Band will continue the Summer Concerts in the Park this Sunday, July 24 at 7 p.m. at the Marling Band Shell...
Local artists wanted for First Friday event
GREENVILLE — Artisan Stroll is the theme for Main Street Greenville’s First Friday event held in August. The event has everything to do wi...
Red Cross offers safety tips for the extreme heat dome covering the area
DARKE COUNTY — Heat-related incidents and illness are preventable, yet annually many people succumb to extreme heat. Extreme heat, in fact, kill...
Sweet & Sassy: Patriarch will be missed by many
As I write this column [late evening Wednesday, July 20], I tearfully announce that my father, Lee Junior Moody, passed away four hours ago. He is the...
Suffering has its rewards
Recently I visited a wonderful woman in the Versailles Health Care Center. In the course of our conversation she told me she and a good friend like to...
Where the Election stands
The next few weeks in politics are a little like the All-Star break in baseball. With the Republican and Democratic national conventions upon us, it...
Help is on the way in fight against addiction
About once a month, I have a teletownhall—a big conference call with tens of thousands of people from across our state to take their questions a...
Gardener’s Whole Nine Yards
The Darke County Association of Garden Clubs was formed in 1952 where flower shows began in the current Fine Arts building with one show being held on...
True patriots won’t touch him
Editor:We must ask ourselves, what sort of creature is Donald Trump really? Seldom if ever was a presidential candidate so plainly out of sync with th...
Business opens at -260°F
DAYTON — Sidney native Mark Miller, of Versailles, says he’s a tropical kind of guy. That’s why he hasn’t yet visited the home...
Neff Health Fair deemed a success
GREENVILLE — Neff Motivation, Inc. held its 13th annual Health Fair at Paw’s Bingo in Greenville. This year’s theme was “Looki...
Shop named Business of Month
UNION CITY, Ohio — Union City Indiana-Ohio Chamber of Commerce has announced the Business of the Month for July is The Little Shop of Many Thing...
Hanes named Edison VP
PIQUA — Edison State Community College has named Rick Hanes as vice president of business and community partnerships.In her announcement to the ...
New report shows competitive Ohio Insurance Marketplace
COLUMBUS – A new report illustrates a competitive Ohio property and casualty insurance marketplace that is benefiting consumers with lower than ...