- Race underway for prosecutor’s seat - 3:21 am
- Special election upcoming to decide Boehner’s replacement - 1:44 am
- Darke County unemployment at 3.9% in April - 11:15 pm updated: 11:15 pm.
- Y kicks off annual support campaign - 4:11 pm
- Walmart greeter surprised on 90th birthday - 4:09 pm
- Ohio airport to be named in honor of astronaut John Glenn - 2:12 pm
- Ohio attorney general inadvertently reveals run for governor - 1:27 pm
- Access MD opens Greenville clinic - 1:04 pm
- Man ejected from motorcycle in crash - 11:06 am
- Late writer continues to make his mark - 10:09 am updated: 10:43 am.
- Legal medical marijuana on deck as Ohio lawmakers near break - 7:38 pm
- 34 students graduate from ACES - 4:37 pm
- Less wait time for some gun buyers - 4:36 pm
- Ohio lawmakers OK bill letting parents freeze child’s credit - 2:36 pm
- Annual Ohio Missing Children Clearinghouse Report released - 1:03 pm
- Ohio lawmakers near vote on speeding up lead-water alerts - 4:29 pm
- Young Forest Martial Arts relocating - 4:17 pm
- Trump’s campaign investment tops $43 million - 7:07 pm
- Spencer Landscaping celebrate move - 4:16 pm
- Three memory benches dedicated at Tri Village - 3:21 pm
- Ohio elections chief, voter prevail in Libertarian challenge - 3:12 pm
- Candidate forum set for Ohioans seeking to fill Boehner seat - 3:07 pm
- 3 Ohioans considered VP possibilities this year - 5:13 pm
- JAFE Decorating named Darke County’s Business of the Year - 5:04 pm
- Ohio lawmakers vote to scrap cap on alcohol content for beer - 2:56 pm
- Armed Forces Day walk/run has good turnout Saturday - 2:55 pm
- This year’s valedictorians, salutatorians - 2:48 pm
- Berning to serve as an OSU Extension ACRE Intern - 10:19 am
- Keen’s Body Shop honored - 8:51 am
- Selling eggs and meat from your farm or home - 10:32 am
- YMCA to offer Safety around Water program for kids - 9:48 am
- Data show Ohio voters switched parties in primary contest - 9:07 pm
- Arcanum students spreading kindness - 4:56 pm
- McCans retires from U.D. Arena after 48 years of service - 4:31 pm
- Indictments handed down in felony cases - 4:30 pm
- Darke County Sheriff warns of scam alert - 4:29 pm
- Entries being accepted for the Karlh McCallister Golf Outing - 1:15 pm
- Summer coed softball league forming - 12:03 pm
- Vandals tagging signs, buildings - 6:14 pm
- More work, more pay? New rule extends overtime to millions - 6:12 pm updated: 3:35 pm.
- Howell selected Senior Citizen of the Year - 5:06 pm
- New ‘coast to coast’ seat belt enforcement effort aims to save lives - 3:40 pm
- Humphries and Thompson named Teachers of the Year - 3:17 pm updated: 8:51 am.
- Gov. Kasich signs $2.6 billion construction budget - 2:53 pm updated: 3:35 pm.
- Chapter attends convention - 2:29 pm
- Bradford Squad makes special delivery - 8:01 pm
- Postal carrier food drive - 4:57 pm
- Council considers security cameras - 4:54 pm
- Downtown Greenville open late Fridays in June - 4:40 pm
- Canadian wildfires affecting gas prices - 3:32 pm
Man ejected from motorcycle in crash
UNION CITY, Ohio – Authorities said that alcohol may have been a factor in a motorcycle crash that caused a man to be critically injured.On Wedn...
Late writer continues to make his mark
GREENVILLE - Even after his passing, Greenville native and former Daily Advocate Reporter Jack Willey is still making his mark on the world…and ...
Legal medical marijuana on deck as Ohio lawmakers near break
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A proposal to legalize medical marijuana in Ohio squeaked through a critical Senate panel Wednesday over the opposition of some Repub...
34 students graduate from ACES
GREENVILLE — Thirty-four students of Achievement Center for Educational Success (ACES) were honored in a graduation ceremony Wednesday morning a...
Less wait time for some gun buyers
DARKE COUNTY — Ohioans with a concealed handgun license (CHL) will no longer have to submit to additional background checks when purchasing fire...
Ohio lawmakers OK bill letting parents freeze child’s credit
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Parents could create and freeze a credit record for a child under legislation headed to Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY’-sik).T...
Gibboney, Kreusch named athletes of the week
DARKE COUNTY – A pair of Arcanum track and field athletes who are having career years as seniors are The Daily Advocate’s athletes of the ...
3 Arcanum athletes, 1 Franklin Monroe athlete qualify for OHSAA state track and field meet
TROY – Three Arcanum athletes and one Franklin Monroe athlete qualified for the Ohio High School Athletic Association Division III state track a...
Greenville’s AJ Frens, Lexi Addington qualify for OHSAA state meet in pole vault
DAYTON – A pair of Greenville pole vaulters qualified for the Ohio High School Athletic Association state meet by finishing fourth in the Divisi...
Versailles baseball team defeats Anna to advance to the OHSAA state final 4
XENIA – The Versailles baseball team overcame a four-run deficit to defeat Anna 6-5 on Friday and earn a spot in the state final four for the fi...
Greenville softball team finds redemption in regional tournament win vs. Granville
MASON – Greenville got the redemption it was seeking on Friday as the Lady Wave run ruled defending state champion Granville 11-0 in five inning...
Darke County’s spring sports statistical leaders
BaseballBatting averageTyler Jenkinson, MV: .492Zach Hyre, FM: .456Conner Pohl, Arcanum: .447Keaton McEldowney, Versailles: .416Devan Rinderle, MV: .4...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Darke County Genealogical Society Inc. to hold annual picnic
GREENVILLE — Darke County Genealogical Society Inc. is holding the annual picnic on June 2 at 5:30 p.m in Greenville City Park. This will be at ...
Clubs donate maple tree for Arbor Day
GREENVILLE — The Ladybug Garden Club and Butterflies Junior Garden Club helped to beautify the Greenville City Parks selecting an October Glory ...
AARP seeks 2016 Andrus Award for community service nominees
COLUMBUS - AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2016 Ohio Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors any Ohioan age 50+ who is sharing thei...
Proposed senior center to be luncheon topic
GREENVILLE — Leading the way to establishing an activity center for senior citizens as well as providing information about area Senior Assistanc...
Teens invited to attend Ohio Forestry and Wildlife Conservation Camp
CARROLLTON, Ohio – Students who are interested in learning more about the outdoors and spending a week outside are invited to attend the Ohio Fo...
DCCA News: A good thing
When “Arts Day,” presented by the Ohio Arts Council and the Ohio Citizens for the Arts Foundation, recently celebrated artistic excellence...
A deeper appreciation
I must admit my ignorance again, as I will continue to do throughout my life. I grew up learning the Pledge of Allegiance, “The Star Spangled Ba...
A step ahead of the law: Growing the business
EDS NOTE: This is the third article in a weekly, multi-part series retelling some of Don Wright’s history in Greenville as he remembers it.In 19...
Union City News: Baron to participate in parade
Twenty-five years ago, more than 600,000 service members took part in Operation Desert Storm, at the time the largest deployment of U.S. Armed Forces ...
Along the Garden Path: Bidding adieu to two Junior Butterflies
Graduation time is here again– caps, gowns, and parties! It’s a joyous occasion for graduates and families.Two members of the Butterflies ...
House Bill 116 makes prescriptions easier to take
For Ohioans with chronic illnesses and those who take care of them, life is about to get a little easier. The General Assembly has passed, with unanim...
Keen’s Body Shop honored
UNION CITY, Ohio — The Union City Indiana-Ohio Chamber of Commerce announces The Business of The Month for May.It’s Keen’s Body Shop...
Downtown Greenville open late Fridays in June
GREENVILLE — Several downtown businesses are hoping to draw more visitors downtown to kickoff their weekends by taking advantage of the fine Jun...
The Andersons, Inc. announces cash dividend for the third quarter
MAUMEE, Ohio – The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANDE) today announced a third quarter 2016 cash dividend of 15.5 cents ($0.155) per share payable Ju...
Chillz opens in downtown Greenville
GREENVILLE — Just in time for warmer temps, Chillz Frozen Yogurt, 333 South Broadway, has opened its doors for business.Greenville’s newes...
New shops, upper floors open for First Friday
GREENVILLE - Downtown Greenville was a flurry of activity for the May First Friday event, with two new shops opening for business and a self-guided to...
KitchenAid cuts ribbon on factory expansion
GREENVILLE - Whirlpool Corp. celebrated the expansion of the Greenville KitchenAid manufacturing facility with a ribbon-cutting for the new area on Th...