Mississinawa Valley football team seeks positives in loss to Miami East
Versailles football team stifled by Marion Local
Arcanum football team runs over Twin Valley South for its 1st win
Tribute: Christman cared about people, Darke County
Ansonia football team shuts out National Trail
- Tribute: Christman cared about people, Darke County - 4:31 am
- Report cards are in - 3:15 pm updated: 3:15 pm.
- Clays coming to Lighthouse - 4:05 pm
- Jury finds Peffly ‘Not Guilty’ - 3:17 pm
- Indiana man charged with child molesting - 2:48 pm
- Prosecution rests in Peffly rape case - 7:41 pm updated: 7:42 pm.
- Tri-Village community, school fair combining with Homecoming - 6:23 pm
- City hears utilities plan - 5:10 pm
- ODOT to study 127/Kruckeberg intersection - 2:21 pm
- Regional marching band competition set for Sept. 24 - 1:56 pm
- Online women’s conference simulcast offered - 1:41 pm
- Financial planning meeting Wednesday at M-V - 1:40 pm
- County unemployment rates steady - 10:15 pm updated: 10:15 pm.
- Child rape trial underway - 9:00 pm updated: 9:04 pm.
- 21 US states sue to block expansion of overtime pay law - 5:23 pm
- Robbins named New Madison festival’s grand marshal - 5:22 pm
- State receives over 524,000 absentee ballot applications - 2:17 pm
- Fake gun, real crime: Police notice uptick in replicas - 5:17 pm
- 2 sentenced in court for harassment, domestic voilence - 5:16 pm
- Childhood friends brought together - 5:13 pm
- Service club ready to give back - 5:11 pm
- Klosterman launches annual campaign with pink bread - 2:45 pm
- Utilities aggregation on Nov. ballot - 3:54 pm
- New school building nearing completion - 12:41 pm
- DeWine seeks Ohio Supreme Court seat - 12:36 pm
- Drivers use caution as farmers share roads - 1:45 am
- Unger’s journey through life won’t be forgotten - 1:03 am
- West Nile Virus confirmed in Ohio horse - 2:41 pm
- DAR promotes Constitution Week - 6:30 am
- Union City Chamber bringing dancing competition back - 9:24 pm
- Names released in fatal plane crash - 6:12 pm
- County projects under scrutiny - 5:39 pm updated: 5:39 pm.
- Golf Scramble to benefit Haiti Mission trip - 4:37 pm updated: 4:37 pm.
- ‘Ohio Open Doors’ highlights Darke County - 4:38 pm
- Travis Tritt in concert Sept. 24 at BMI Speedway - 4:29 pm updated: 8:28 pm.
- 2 men killed in small plane crash - 4:04 pm updated: 8:20 pm.
- West, Blanca and more to perform at 10th Illumination Festival - 3:29 pm
- Willman takes oath as mayor - 5:37 pm
- Willman named mayor - 5:35 pm
- Davidson introduces “Lead by Example” Act - 4:13 pm
- Newborns to receive first book through local program - 4:10 pm
- Yoder named director of Union City Library - 4:08 pm
- More funding sought for post-9/11 veterans memorial in Ohio - 4:00 pm
- Dems hold Congressional primary - 12:26 am
- Law allows victims to shield addresses - 4:25 pm
- Sunday crash claims driver - 4:17 pm updated: 4:27 pm.
- Fundraiser dinner for Haiti auction expense - 3:19 pm
- Tickets available for the 2016 Ohio State University’s Farm Science Review - 2:32 pm
- Family FunDay draws a crowd in Ansonia - 3:11 pm
- Double transplantee feeling great 5 years later - 7:21 am
Regional marching band competition set for Sept. 24
DAYTON — Outstanding high school marching bands from throughout Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, New York, and Illinois will co...
Online women’s conference simulcast offered
GREENVILLE — EUM Women’s Ministry is hosting a simulcast of this nationwide special Concert of Prayer event on Friday, Sept. 23 at 7 p.m. ...
Financial planning meeting Wednesday at M-V
UNION CITY, Ohio — Mississinawa Valley Board of Education learned that there would be a senior student/parent financial meeting to be held on We...
County unemployment rates steady
DARKE COUNTY — The county’s unemployment rate remained steady.Unemployment was 3.7 percent in Darke County, according to the latest data f...
Child rape trial underway
GREENVILLE — A trial for a man accused of raping three girls under the age of 13 commenced in Darke County Common Pleas Court Tuesday.Derek M. P...
21 US states sue to block expansion of overtime pay law
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A coalition of 21 states sued the U.S. Department of Labor Tuesday over a new rule that would make about 4 million higher-earni...
Arcanum’s Marcy Bradshaw, Greenville’s Logan Eldridge named athletes of the week
DARKE COUNTY – Two athletes who have started off their senior years very strong are this week’s Daily Advocate athletes of the week.This w...
Greenville girls soccer team loses at Troy
TROY – The Greenville girls soccer team lost 3-0 in a Greater Western Ohio Conference game at Troy on Thursday.Hayley Burns made 14 saves for th...
Greenville football team held scoreless against Trotwood-Madison
GREENVILLE – The Greenville Green Wave were unable to score any points in a lopsided loss to the Trotwood-Madison Rams on Friday night.Intensity...
Ansonia football team shuts out National Trail
ANSONIA – Ansonia shut out National Trail 30-0 in a Cross County Conference football game on Friday, giving the Tigers their first win of the 20...
Versailles boys golf team defeats Lehman Catholic
VERSAILLES – Versailles’ boys golf team beat Lehman Catholic 169-183 on Friday at Stillwater Valley Golf Club.Versailles’ Nicholas L...
Franklin Monroe reschedules soccer games
PITSBURG – Franklin Monroe has announced changes to its boys and girls soccer schedules.The boys soccer game against Lehman Catholic has been re...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
BRADFORD — Bradford Public Library now has a usable website for ConsumerReports.org. Each computer at Bradford Public Library has an icon on the...
Demonstrations slated for Prairie Days
GREENVILLE — The 2016 Prairie Days will feature many historical demonstrations.First volunteers will be demonstrating how pioneers would have ma...
Garst Museum and The National Annie Oakley Center joins Smithsonian Magazine’s 12th Annual Museum Day Live!
GREENVILLE — Garst Museum and The National Annie Oakley Center will open its doors free of charge on Saturday, Sept. 24 as part of Smithsonian m...
Dayton Ballet announces auditions for children’s roles in its production of The Nutcracker
DAYTON — Dayton Ballet is excited to announce auditions for children’s roles in its 2016 production of The Nutcracker. Auditions will be h...
Prairie Days at Shawnee Prairie this weekend
DARKE COUNTY — Step through a wrinkle in time to experience life on the Ohio frontier. On Saturday, Sept. 24 and Sunday, Sept. 25 the Darke Coun...
St. Mary’s News: Ready to learn more
Each new school year begins with a sense of anticipation in both the students and teachers of all the new and exciting things we will be learning this...
Daily surprises and sesame chicken
My day today looks like an interesting one. I never know what to expect out of my days or what may come up that wasn’t on my schedule.Yesterday,...
Protecting students and taxpayers from Charter School fraud
Last week, the U.S. Department of Education answered my call to strengthen oversight of Ohio’s charter schools and ensure that our tax dollars a...
Waterhemp found in county soybean fields
I completed the Fall Soybean Weed Survey in Darke County with the assistance of Weed Scientist, Dr. Jeff Stachler, Darke County native and Auglaize Co...
The future of Ohio agriculture
Last month, thousands of Ohioans from across the state flocked to their annual county fairs and the Ohio State Fair to showcase the best in agricultur...
Back Around the House II: The name of the game is…
Last week I found myself baby-sitting for my two youngest grandsons in a doctor’s waiting room in Dayton. Such duties are one of the benefits re...
The Andersons names Lombardi as Chief Information Officer
MAUMEE, OHIO — The Andersons, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANDE) has appointed Anthony Lombardi as its new Chief Information Officer, reporting to John Granato,...
Public invited to learn about upcoming vote for lower electricity rates
DARKE COUNTY — Residents living in several communities within the DPL electric utility area will have an opportunity to secure lower electricity...
Little Ones store opens in downtown Greenville
GREENVILLE — Tina Carroll’s dream came true Aug. 15, when she opened The Little Ones new and used children’s clothing and toys store...
Premier Senior Insurance holds grand opening
GREENVILLE — A new business officially opened its doors in Downtown Greenville as Premier Senior Insurance, LLC, held a grand-opening ceremony T...
Ohio awards certification to the New Bremen Police Department for adopting standards
COLUMBUS — The New Bremen Police Department has adopted and implemented state standards established by the Ohio Collaborative Community-Police A...