Bradford coaches encourage girls to become multi-sport athletes
Fought to run for 8th Cong. seat
Deputies arrest man suspected in multiple arsons
Hurd wins title of Miss Annie Oakley
New varsity coach Chelsea Dowd leads Greenville youth volleyball camp
- Fought to run for 8th Cong. seat - 9:38 am
- Special election is Aug. 2 - 9:14 am
- Deputies arrest man suspected in multiple arsons - 9:56 pm
- Hurd wins title of Miss Annie Oakley - 9:00 pm
- Pope says the world’s at war, urges Europe to greet refugees - 4:33 pm
- Leading the procession - 4:28 pm
- Deputies investigate Palestine wreck - 4:26 pm
- The Gathering At Garst to draw crowds this weekend - 11:15 am
- Churches unite for revival - 8:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- Obama returns to convention stage to make case for Clinton - 4:59 pm
- Kasich says focus is on down-ballot races, won’t talk Trump - 4:42 pm
- Casino money nice, but not guaranteed - 4:22 pm
- McBo’s Lanes strikes partnership with U-Haul - 3:53 pm
- Clinton wins historic nomination _ with a boost from Sanders - 8:04 pm
- Ohio Sanders supporter says more time needed - 4:49 pm
- Bee population declining across Ohio - 4:39 pm
- Democrat Foister drops Congressional bid - 4:36 pm
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- Clinton seeks help from Ohio elected women to boost campaign - 4:54 pm
- Fornshil, Steen sentenced - 4:50 pm
- Light Foundation presents scholarships to Darke County students - 3:48 pm
- Headstart now accepting students - 3:29 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation awards 16 college scholarships - 2:23 pm
- County gets $500K for MARCS tower - 2:18 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- GOP will name Mayor Bowers’ replacement - 4:59 pm
- Greenville school board accepts Bemus resignation - 4:29 pm
- Legislature aware part of Ohio pot law legally questionable - 3:50 pm
- Clinton prepares to accept Democrat nomination - 6:29 am
- City hit with 2 robberies - 12:10 pm updated: 12:24 pm.
- Trump galvanizes party faithful at convention - 11:00 am
- Thursday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 6:00 pm updated: 6:00 pm.
- Greenville mayor to take on county economic development - 5:56 pm
- Marshall leaving county position - 5:29 pm
- Spectacle outside the RNC - 5:27 pm
- Upper Valley Career Center School of Nursing celebrates success - 3:54 pm
- Versailles Band Director elected to membership in the ASBDA - 3:54 pm
- Council tackles heavy agenda - 6:20 pm
- Wednesday’s coverage of the Republican National Convention - 5:24 pm updated: 5:24 pm.
- Trump’s VP pick takes the stage; Cruz to ‘suggest’ support - 4:31 pm
DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’
Things came full circle for Spencer Dirrig as he watched Hillary Clinton receive the Democratic nomination for president.Dirrig, 19, is an Ohio deleg...
DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train
After Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders made the motion to stop the roll call vote Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, he asked that Hilla...
Obama returns to convention stage to make case for Clinton
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama acknowledged Wednesday that his hopes for a new tone in politics, embodied in the rousing Democratic co...
Kasich says focus is on down-ballot races, won’t talk Trump
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Republican Gov. John Kasich said Wednesday that he’s focused on backing GOP candidates in down-ballot races this fall and...
Casino money nice, but not guaranteed
DARKE COUNTY — The July 20 edition of The Daily Advocate published an article detailing the money that Darke County receives from revenues colle...
McBo’s Lanes strikes partnership with U-Haul
VERSAILLES — U-Haul Company of Massachusetts and Ohio, Inc. announces that McBo’s Lanes has signed on as a U-Haul neighborhood dealer to s...
Arcanum offers fall, winter sports passes
ARCANUM – The Arcanum High School Department of Athletics has announced athletic pass prices for the 2016-17 fall and winter seasons.Student pas...
Light Foundation makes the Gauntlet more family, viewer friendly
DARKE COUNTY – For the fifth annual Gauntlet, the Light Foundation is seeking to make the military-inspired obstacle course more viewer friendly...
College coaches lead volleyball camp at Versailles
VERSAILLES – Coaches from college and high school teams led the Summer Slam volleyball camp last week at Versailles High School.Among the camp l...
Walsh University coach Jeremy Shardo leads basketball camp in Versailles
VERSAILLES – Walsh University assistant coach Jeremy Shardo led a basketball camp for boys in the third grade through high school this week at h...
Urban Meyer sees a little of 2014 in this year’s Buckeyes
CHICAGO – Last year Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer warned his team against reliving and reflecting too much on the 2014 national champion...
Versailles football team faces St. Henry in a 7-on-7 scrimmage
VERSAILLES – The Versailles football team faced Midwest Athletic Conference rival St. Henry in its final seven-on-seven scrimmage of the year on...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
PERI Retirees to hear Studabaker
GREENVILLE — The PERI Retirees will be having a chapter meeting at 11:30 a.m. Monday at the VFW on North Ohio Street.Special speaker will be Dr....
Annie Oakley bus tour offered
DARKE COUNTY — The Annie Oakley Festival Committee is happy to announce that there will be a free historical bus tour at the festival again this...
Survival Skills: Water Purification Ohio has plenty of freshwater, but is it safe to drink? Darke County Parks is pleased to welcome back Rob Simpson,...
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Shelby & Darke Counties awarded funding from Greenville Rotary Club
GREENVILLE - The Greenville Rotary Club recently made a donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Shelby and Darke County.DARKE COUNTY — This dona...
Last “Family Fun Day” at library
GREENVILLE - The last “Family Fun Day” of the summer is Wednesday, July 27 at 11 a.m. on the lawn at the Greenville Public Library.“...
‘Drying Foods’ program to be held at the library
GREENVILLE — Summer is the time of year to enjoy all the delicious fresh fruits and vegetables that ripen in the hot sun. Learn to preserve both...
Thinking about health: Healthcare consumers get little help resolving complaints
Who protects consumers of healthcare?Two recent emails from readers got me thinking about that question. I don’t mean consumers in their role as...
Stateline Heritage Days August 3-6
The annual Stateline Heritage Days in downtown Union City will carry on the tradition of family and friends getting together for fun, food and enterta...
Try Strawberry Soup for an easy supper
I love being a mother. There’s nothing in the entire world I’d rather do than be a wife to my beloved husband Daniel and be called mother ...
New Madison News: Summer reading program ends this week
Politics have taken center stage as the conventions wind up, and wind down. Knowing the outcome for weeks, following a long primary process, has chang...
Medical Marijuana in Ohio: What’s Ahead?
During my time in the state legislature, I have fought tooth and nail to protect families all across our state. As you may know, Governor Kasich recen...
Neff Road: Day of rest
Seventh day. A day of rest. Chicken was in the oven slowly baking, while we were in church pews singing “This is My Father’s World”....
Family Health moves Behavioral Health and Wellness Department
GREENVILLE — Family Health is temporarily relocating its Behavioral Health and Wellness Department.“Due to its remarkable growth in servic...
Local Co. coloring light bulbs to honor America’s vets
GREENVILLE — Coloring, packaging and shipping 4 million light bulbs in less than five months’ time is a huge undertaking, but it’s a...
Neff Health Fair deemed a success
GREENVILLE — Neff Motivation, Inc. held its 13th annual Health Fair at Paw’s Bingo in Greenville. This year’s theme was “Looki...
Shop named Business of Month
UNION CITY, Ohio — Union City Indiana-Ohio Chamber of Commerce has announced the Business of the Month for July is The Little Shop of Many Thing...
Hanes named Edison VP
PIQUA — Edison State Community College has named Rick Hanes as vice president of business and community partnerships.In her announcement to the ...