DARKE COUNTY – During the Wednesday meeting of the Board of Directors for the Darke County Agricultural Society, the board reorganized, selecting new officers and welcoming new member Matt Aultman.
Richard Delk was elected as president of the board, replacing Jim Zumbrink. Zumbrink was then elected as vice president. Dave Niley was elected as treasurer, replacing outgoing member Kevin Flory.
New member Matt Aultman was welcomed onto the board during the meeting. Members also thanked Kevin Flory for his service on the board.
Also during the meeting, the board approved the following items:
- The September meeting minutes.
- The treasurer’s reports and paying the September expenses.
- Reimbursing expenses for Fair Queen Kelsey Burchett when she participates in the Queens Pageant in January.
- Removing a fan and motor in the Beef Barn.
- Both paying and gratis contracts.
- Proposals for the installation of 100a 240v mini cam connections and an upgrade to a transformer.
- Two-day tractor pulls (Tuesday and Wednesday) during the 2013 fair.
- Having a Christmas dinner this year.
- A recommendation from the Flower Club for fair participation premiums in 2013.
- A wage increase for the race track maintenance employee.
The Darke County Agricultural Society’s Board of Directors meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. in the Fair Board Room under the Grandstand at the fairgrounds. The meetings are open to the public.