< Full site
Electrical suspected as cause of garage fire
CLINTON RANDALL/Advocate photo
The concrete block walls and a small chimney are all that remains standing after this garage fire.
12/31/2012 9:25:00 AM
By Staff Report
- Crews respond to a second structure fire in less than a week in the village of Pitsburg.
Multiple departments were called to the 100 block of Jefferson Street in Pitsburg late Sunday night, as a detached partial wood-framed garage was on fire.
According to Pitsburg Fire Chief Tal Mong, the roof had collapsed before they even arrived on the scene. Mutual aid was called in on a second alarm due to a concern of the fire spreading to surrounding structures. The garage stood in the alley between Jefferson and Harrison Street.
Mong told The Daily Advocate that the garage was being used as a workshop and electrical seemed to be the cause of the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
May is Older Americans Month
Advocate Online Home
< Full site
Copyright © The Daily Advocate. All rights reserved.
A Civitas Media, LLC Publication
, All Rights Reserved