WASHINGTON, DC – House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) today announced several staff moves in his political office, including the promotion of Kevin McGrann and Curtis Isakson, who will serve as Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director.
The staffing announcement comes as Team Boehner finalizes its 2013 planning and strategy after an aggressive 2012 cycle in which Boehner raised nearly $97 million for Republicans running for Congress.
“Republicans kept a House majority by listening to the American people and staying on offense,” Boehner said. “As we look ahead to 2014, Republicans will again have a number of pickup opportunities. We must be prepared to win them with stronger candidates, greater resources, and better solutions.
“The next two years will not be easy. Our House majority is currently Americans’ last line of defense against President Obama’s policies that are resulting in more spending, more taxes, and more debt. My team will be there every step of the way for the NRCC, our members, and our candidates as we work to grow our majority and solve the big challenges facing the nation.”
The following staff will serve on Team Boehner for the 2014 cycle:
- Kevin McGrann will serve as Executive Director overseeing all aspects of Boehner’s political efforts. McGrann joined the Speaker’s staff in 2006, and served in the Majority Leader’s office before moving to the political office where he has held several positions, including Political Director. During the 2010 cycle, McGrann worked closely with current NRCC Chairman Greg Walden on a “sell the fight” initiative that enlisted the donor community in the GOP’s efforts to retake a House majority. McGrann assumes his new role as former Executive Director and long-time GOP political operative Tom Whatman completes his transition back to his farm in Ohio, where he plans to remain on call for the team.
- Curtis Isakson will serve as Deputy Executive Director, managing Team Boehner’s operations and national political travel. Isakson joined Boehner’s staff in 2009 after working in the White House Chief of Staff’s office under President G.W. Bush. Team Boehner’s 2011-2012 Deputy Executive Director Chris McNulty will remain on staff as Sr. Adviser, and assist with the RNC’s Growth and Opportunity Project.
- Caitlin Wohlfarth Franklin will continue serving as Finance Director, leading the Speaker’s fundraising efforts for the NRCC, House Republicans and Boehner’s own campaign committees – including Boehner for Speaker, Freedom Project, and Friends of John Boehner. Franklin joined Boehner’s political office in 2010.
- Cory Fritz will continue serving as Communications Director, handling all Boehner-related political communications. A native Ohioan, Fritz joined Boehner’s office in 2009, having worked previously on the staff of U.S. Senator George Voinovich (R-OH).
- Erin Boyle will serve as PAC & Member Events Director, working closely with the NRCC and campaigns on fundraising and strategic planning. Boyle joined Boehner's staff in 2010.
- Catherine Hansen will serve as Major Donor Manager, overseeing Boehner for Speaker fundraising and donor outreach. Hansen joined Boehner's political office in 2011.
- Grant Saunders will serve as Political Director, focusing on member services, candidate consulting and strategy development. An Ohio native, Saunders worked in the Speaker’s office before joining Team Boehner in 2012.
- John Criscuolo will continue serving as Political Aide to the Speaker, handling Boehner’s travel and events. Criscuolo has been with Boehner’s team since 2007.
- Nick Flocken will serve as Deputy Director of Strategic Planning, focusing on DC event coordination and the Speaker’s political travel. Flocken joined Team Boehner in 2011, having worked previously for Josh Mandel for Treasurer in Ohio.
- Mike Senich will serve as Chief Financial Officer, responsible for Team Boehner’s treasury. Senich is a native of Boehner’s hometown of West Chester, and holds an MBA from Miami University.
- Nick Domsitz will continue serving as Campaign Manager in the Speaker’s hometown of West Chester, where he will focus on strategy and fundraising for Boehner’s re-election in Ohio’s Eighth Congressional District. Domsitz joined Boehner's staff in 2008, and is a graduate of Miami University.
- Matt Ferguson will serve as Director of Campaign Operations in Boehner’s West Chester campaign office, where he will manage local grassroots outreach and get-out-the-vote efforts. Ferguson is a native of Pleasant Hill, Ohio, located in Boehner’s Congressional District.