DARKE COUNTY - Crews responded to a 3-alarm fire in southern Darke County Thursday morning.
According to emergency personnel at the scene, a volunteer firefighter discovered the fire at 2922 State Route 503 just before 12 p.m. The male and female homeowners were immediately notified and evacuated from the residence. The male homeowner said that a wood burning stove may have caused the fire through piping located in the attic.
Heavy smoke filled the upper section of the 2-story home. No injuries were reported.