Light launches raffle for trip to AFC championship game
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. — Former New England Patriot Matt Light announced a joint fundraiser with former Patriot and current Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker to benefit both of their charitable foundations.
The Light Foundation and the Wes Welker Foundation are teaming up with Celebrities for Charity to raffle off a chance to win tickets and an all-expense paid trip to Sunday’s AFC championship game between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos.
Light said he and Welker enjoyed playing together as former Patriots, and when Welker launched a foundation with similar missions, had always hoped they could work together on behalf of both nonprofits.
“We thought this was a great way to join forces to help at-risk kids who need a helping hand,” he said. “We couldn’t imagine a better football re-match — the Patriots against the Broncos in Denver — all for the chance to advance to the Super Bowl. It’s a ticket everyone wants.”
The raffle winner and three guests will attend the game in Denver at Sports Authority Field, where they will get the chance to meet Wes Welker for photos and autographs. Hotel accommodations at the Ritz-Carlton, Denver, are also included, as is dinner at Elway’s, the Denver restaurant owned by former Bronco great John Elway. The winners will be awarded an allowance of $2,600 for roundtrip airfare to Colorado, if needed.
“The best part about this raffle is that anyone can participate, and it’s going to help us raise a lot of money for at-risk kids who need the help,” Welker said. “Matt and I were teammates in New England, and together we’ve enjoyed coming up with ways to support our favorite causes.”
Tickets to the online raffle can be purchased for $2, and there are no limitations to how many tickets can be purchased per person. Tickets are available at:
http://www.netraffle.org/raffle/index.php?rid=478 until 3 p.m. today. The drawing will be held and the winner will be notified after the raffle closes and the winner is drawn.
Included in the prize:
· Winner and three guests will enjoy four tickets to the AFC championship game between the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos (3:05 p.m. Sunday kickoff, Sports Authority Field)
· Winner and three guests will meet Welker for photos and autographs
· Winner and three guests will receive round trip air airfare (if needed, if used, $2,600 maximum)
· Winner and three guests will enjoy two night’s hotel accommodations at the Ritz-Carlton, Denver (Saturday and Sunday)
· Winner and three guests will each enjoy a 25 minute Ritz-Carlton Spa Treatment
· Winner and three guest will enjoy dinner at Elway’s, John Elway’s downtown Denver steakhouse
· Winner will receive a “Keep the Keel Spirit” Gift Basket from Light-owned KEEL Vodka
· Winner will receive a $500 allowance for ground transportation meals and other expenses
· Winner will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of $3,690.75 to mitigate the winner’s tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the winner, directly to the Internal Revenue Service ($3,108) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($582.75). CFC reserves the right to adjust the value of this prize item depending on the actual value of prizes received.
Light said he wanted to create the best overall fan experience and make it something that everyone has an opportunity to win.
“With just $10, you can buy five chances to win,” he said. “It’s such a great way to surprise the football fan in your life.”
For more information on the Light Foundation, visit www.mattlight72.com, and for details about Wes Welker’s nonprofit, log on to www.weswelkerfoundation.org.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices